Stevie Nicks Talks Post – ‘Rumours’ Breakup With Oprah
During the interview Nicks spoke about how their relationship ended at the end of the band’s classic album Rumours.
“We were just finishing up the end of our 12 songs in Sausalito for Rumours and I said, ‘We’re done. I think that this is over, and we both know now that no matter what it takes, we’re going to keep Fleetwood Mac together. Our breaking up is not going to break up this band and I’m not going to quit and neither are you — and we were done,” says Nicks.
She went on to explain the difficulties of seeing the person you just broke up with, or the person that just broke up with you, day after day, in the hotel, at breakfast and on stage.
“But Lindsey always blamed Fleetwood Mac for the loss of me. Had we not joined Fleetwood Mac we would’ve continued on with our music but we probably would’ve gotten married, and we probably would’ve had a child,” said Nicks.
She also talked about her upbringing, battles with addiction and the glory days of Fleetwood Mac during the interview.
Fleetwood Mac is scheduled to begin their North American Tour in April.
— Lauren Sullivan, WOGL, Philadelphia
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- U2 Worried Their Tour Was Already Over When The Edge Fell Off the Stage
- Lady Gaga Is a Blonde Again: See Her New Look
- Jon Bon Jovi Wrote a Song for Rutgers Grads: Watch
- Bill Murray Will Wish You a ‘Very Murray Christmas’ This December
- Adam Lambert Teases Two More Songs Off New Album ‘The Original High': Listen
- ‘Game of Thrones': The Musical? Coldplay Make It a Reality For a Good Cause