Phillip Phillips Is Already Gearing Up For Second Album
The American Idol winner told Billboard that he plans to release his second album sometime next year. Though he hasn’t penciled in any studio time just yet, he told the magazine he’s already working on new music.
“I’m always writing,” he said. “It might be a bad song, but I’m always writing.”
Phillips, who just celebrated his single “Home” going quadruple platinum, said on his next album he’d like to collaborate with Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder or Matchbox Twenty’s Rob Thomas, who he toured with earlier this year.
It seems like it will be hard for the singer to find time to record a new album with his busy touring schedule. Phillips is currently on the road until May 17 and a month later will be back out there, opening for John Mayer. But he doesn’t mind keeping himself busy, especially if it means he’ll get a chance to share his music with his fans.
“I never thought I’d be traveling the world supporting my music,” he said. “Everybody seems to really enjoy the music because it comes from me and I’m proud of it.”
Go here to find out when Phillips is heading to your town.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Style Files: Selena Gomez Launches ‘Rock Chic’ Adidas NEO Summer Collection
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Prince, Warner Bros. Announce Partnership, ‘Purple Rain’ Reissue
- Austin Mahone Drops ‘Till I Find You,’ New Album Track Listing
- One Direction Morph Into Each Other For ‘You & I’ Video
- Raves Are For Kids: NYC Clubs Cater to the 12-and-Under Set