My Chemical Romance have split up.
After a dozen years and four popular studio albums, the platinum-record band announced via a brief post on their website “it has come time for it to end.”
Here’s the full message:
Being in this band for the past 12 years has been a true blessing. We’ve gotten to go places we never knew we would. We’ve been able to see and experience things we never imagined possible. We’ve shared the stage with people we admire, people we look up to, and best of all, our friends. And now, like all great things, it has come time for it to end. Thanks for all of your support, and for being part of the adventure. – My Chemical Romance
Beyond any sadness, what I feel the most is pride. http://t.co/IB0A3kNiqV—
Gerard Way (@gerardway) March 23, 2013
Things that should be simple and easy rarely ever are.—
frnkiero (@FrankIero) March 23, 2013
The band’s last project together was the slow trickle release of Conventional Weapons which consisted of ten unreleased songs that My Chemical Romance wrote and recorded before 2009’s Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys.
The last two songs from the compilation, “Surrender the Night” and “Burn Bright” were released in February of 2013.
–Nadia Noir, KROQ
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Passes To “The Boss Baby” & A Trip On AMTRAK
- Nicki Minaj, Zendaya Weigh in on Bill O’Reilly’s Controversial Maxine Waters Comments
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 5 Powerhouse Female Musicians Making Their Mark
- Katy Perry Pays Tribute to Fan Who Died in Car Accident
- #SoOldSchool: What’s An Old Word That You Think People Should Stop Using?
- Paris and Prince Jackson Get Complimentary Tattoos