To the delight of many and the surprise of a few, Glee star Matthew Morrison will release his second solo album, Where It All Began, on June 4. The album, which finds Morrison covering his favorite Broadway hits and a few standards, was recorded with producer Phil Ramone, the man responsible for the sounds of Tony Bennett and Frank Sinatra.
“I enjoyed the journey back to my roots on this new album,” Morrison said in a statement, referencing his love of Broadway and, perhaps unintentionally, his work on Glee. The album features the expected hits (“Singin’ in the Rain,” “The Lady Is a Tramp”) alongside some less conventional material (“West Side Story Medley”), but maintains a strictly mature sound that aims to distance him from the poppier fare on Glee.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- It’s Official: Lady Gaga to Perform at Super Bowl Halftime
- One Direction Weigh in on Niall Horan’s Solo Debut
- Shawn Mendes is Definitely Up for a Niall Horan Collaboration
- Carson and Cane: ‘Pissy Pat’ Wants You To Know the Bread is Fresh
- Carson and Cane’s Couple’s Court: ‘Girl Code’
- Kim Kardashian’s Butt Kissing Attacker Was ‘Protesting Fake Butt Implants’