To the delight of many and the surprise of a few, Glee star Matthew Morrison will release his second solo album, Where It All Began, on June 4. The album, which finds Morrison covering his favorite Broadway hits and a few standards, was recorded with producer Phil Ramone, the man responsible for the sounds of Tony Bennett and Frank Sinatra.
“I enjoyed the journey back to my roots on this new album,” Morrison said in a statement, referencing his love of Broadway and, perhaps unintentionally, his work on Glee. The album features the expected hits (“Singin’ in the Rain,” “The Lady Is a Tramp”) alongside some less conventional material (“West Side Story Medley”), but maintains a strictly mature sound that aims to distance him from the poppier fare on Glee.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- #Seriously?: Study Says Key To Being Attractive Is Getting a Nose Job
- Lady Gaga is Back in the (Pilates) Studio
- P!nk Says Christina Aguilera ‘Took a Swing’ at her in a Club
- Selena Gomez Teases Marshmello Collaboration ‘Wolves’
- Nick Jonas Releases New Track ‘Home’
- Liam Payne Drops New Track ‘Bedroom Floor’