Matthew Morrison Takes On Broadway With Help From Adam Levine
To the delight of many and the surprise of a few, Glee star Matthew Morrison will release his second solo album, Where It All Began, on June 4. The album, which finds Morrison covering his favorite Broadway hits and a few standards, was recorded with producer Phil Ramone, the man responsible for the sounds of Tony Bennett and Frank Sinatra.
“I enjoyed the journey back to my roots on this new album,” Morrison said in a statement, referencing his love of Broadway and, perhaps unintentionally, his work on Glee. The album features the expected hits (“Singin’ in the Rain,” “The Lady Is a Tramp”) alongside some less conventional material (“West Side Story Medley”), but maintains a strictly mature sound that aims to distance him from the poppier fare on Glee.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Justin Bieber Apologizes, Pleads Ignorance After Dishonorable Selfie In Japan
- Watch Coldplay Debut New Song ‘Oceans’
- Watch Pharrell’s Fantasy Video for ‘Marilyn Monroe’
- Lorde, The National, Nas & The Replacements To Play Boston Calling
- Watch Lily Allen’s New Video for ‘Sheezus’
- Kim’s College: Leo DiCaprio, Blue Ivy & Broadway