Matthew Morrison Takes On Broadway With Help From Adam Levine
To the delight of many and the surprise of a few, Glee star Matthew Morrison will release his second solo album, Where It All Began, on June 4. The album, which finds Morrison covering his favorite Broadway hits and a few standards, was recorded with producer Phil Ramone, the man responsible for the sounds of Tony Bennett and Frank Sinatra.
“I enjoyed the journey back to my roots on this new album,” Morrison said in a statement, referencing his love of Broadway and, perhaps unintentionally, his work on Glee. The album features the expected hits (“Singin’ in the Rain,” “The Lady Is a Tramp”) alongside some less conventional material (“West Side Story Medley”), but maintains a strictly mature sound that aims to distance him from the poppier fare on Glee.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best
- Ariana Grande Started Questioning Catholicism After Brother Came Out as Gay
- One Direction Announce 2015 Stadium Tour
- Iggy Azalea Takes on the Haters with ‘Iggy SZN': Listen
- Katy Perry Canceled 30th Birthday Celebration in Egypt Due to ‘Safety Concerns’