Matthew Morrison Takes On Broadway With Help From Adam Levine
To the delight of many and the surprise of a few, Glee star Matthew Morrison will release his second solo album, Where It All Began, on June 4. The album, which finds Morrison covering his favorite Broadway hits and a few standards, was recorded with producer Phil Ramone, the man responsible for the sounds of Tony Bennett and Frank Sinatra.
“I enjoyed the journey back to my roots on this new album,” Morrison said in a statement, referencing his love of Broadway and, perhaps unintentionally, his work on Glee. The album features the expected hits (“Singin’ in the Rain,” “The Lady Is a Tramp”) alongside some less conventional material (“West Side Story Medley”), but maintains a strictly mature sound that aims to distance him from the poppier fare on Glee.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- 2013: The Year In Music News
- Mariah Carey Blasted for $1 Million Concert in Angola
- New Music to Know: A Great Big World ‘Say Something’ With Help from Christina Aguilera
- Travie McCoy On The NFL: ‘It Was Embedded In Me To Be A New York Giants Fan’
- Aretha Franklin to Cover Barbra Streisand, Donna Summer on New Album
- Inside This Week’s ‘Secret’ Beatles and Beach Boys Releases