“It was interesting to make an album without so much conflict in our lives,” Jared Leto told Radio.com. “Because the last album we battled our record company and there was this massive lawsuit.”
While recording 2009’s This Is War, Leto, his brother Shannon and guitarist Tomo Miličević, were sued for $30 million by their label, EMI, for failing to deliver the third of five albums. The band eventually made a documentary centered around the breach of contract lawsuit called Artifact, which Leto directed under the pseudonym Bartholomew Cubbins. The film has been making the festival rounds and recently played SXSW.
“This album was really fun,” said Leto. “We didn’t have that pressure. We didn’t have those distractions.”
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- What’s The Craziest Diet You’ve Tried That Actually Worked?
- Rihanna Wins Harvard’s Humanitarian of the Year Award
- Sinead O’Connor Apologizes for Accusing Arsenio Hall of Giving Prince Drugs
- Bebe Rexha Salutes Destiny’s Child in ‘Late Late Show’ Performance
- Zedd & Alessia Cara Drop New Track ‘Stay’
- Watch One of Katy Perry’s Little Houses Fall Offstage at Brit Awards