Cher Lloyd: Closet Country Music Fan
When you think Cher Lloyd, the first things that come to mind are her sassy songs and those faces she pulls on stage. While most might imagine Lloyd’s songwriting lineage travels on a direct line from Lily Allen and early Kate Nash, the singer told Radio.com a different story in a recent interview. The story of how she grew up loving country music.
“Growing up, I listened to a lot of country music with my mom. She’d be doing the washing up and I’d sit on the kitchen counter and she’d make me sing for her. She’d tell me to sing this Dolly [Parton] song or this Dolly song or Patsy Cline’s song and I loved to do it.”
A lot of people’s formative music experiences come from their parents’ record collections, but Lloyd turned her mom’s love of country music into an inspiration in her own career.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Billboard Hot 100 Sets Record for Gridlock as ‘Happy’ Retains Top Spot
- 10 Women Who Should Headline Coachella In 2015
- Jay Z Is Bringing His Made in America Festival to the West Coast, While Still Keeping It In Philly
- Watch Taylor Swift Surprise a Fan at Her Bridal Shower
- Watch: Pharrell Cries As People Dance To “Happy”
- Miley Cyrus Hospitalized For Severe Allergic Reaction, Cancels Shows