Bruno Mars Talks Monkey Sex To ‘GQ’
Bruno Mars is done with making “music” – he wants to make “events.”
“It’s got to be more than sounding good,” The singer tells GQ in next month’s issue, “The music I like are events.”
Mars will be gracing the cover of the magazine’s annual “Style Bible” issue, hitting newsstands March 26th. He rocks a sharp blazer and fedora combo, but keeps it casual with an untied bowtie and unbuttoned shirt.
“[Freddie Mercury] put everything he got into that, and he meant it,” he said in the cover interview. “It’s that unexplainable high. Why I keep doing it. That feeling that you keep on chasing and chasing. Because it’s nothing, man. It’s taking the air and turning it into something. That’s the feeling.”
His latest album, 2012’s Unorthodox Jukebox, offers singles like the snappy “Locked Out of Heaven,” and emotional “When I Was Your Man.” He weaves themes of love and sex throughout the album’s tracks, which he says gets the party going.
“It feels good to sing about,” he said in the interview. “It feels…sexy. It puts you in a sexy frame of mind. It feels good to project. Sex is a great party starter.”
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, the Band Perry, John Legend Added to Stevie Wonder GRAMMY Tribute
- Lena Dunham Engaged? Not Until Gay Marriage Is Legal in Every State
- This Week On FM Magazine: The Ellen Hermanson Foundation
- Justin Bieber Apologizes to Fans After ‘Ellen’ Appearance: ‘I’m Not Who I Was Pretending to Be’
- Incubus to Premiere New Single, ‘Absolution Calling,’ on February 5
- Justin Bieber Teases New Music with Song Snippets