British fashion and costume designer Julien Macdonald has been asked to design looks for Beyonce’s upcoming Mrs. Carter Show world tour, reports Harper’s Bazaar UK. The singer is a rabid fan of the designer, wearing him most recently at her New Year’s Eve performance in Las Vegas and most memorably wearing his vibrant yellow fringed modified leotard for a 2011 Good Morning America performance.
Looking back at Macdonald’s fall/winter 2013 collection, shown at London Fashion Week, it is easy to see how many of his runway designs will be easily adapted to the stage to fit Beyonce’s style. The designer’s aesthetic is already right in line with Beyonce’s ice-skater-meets-Tina-Turner look on her I Am…World Tour. The duo share a love for glitter, sparkles, feathers and fringe that should be fully explored for this round of tour costumes.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Thirty Seconds to Mars Ask Fans for ‘Walk on Water’ Artwork Ideas
- Ray Romano Can Vacation Anywhere, But He Chooses LBI
- P!nk to Receive Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award at 2017 VMAs
- Phillip Phillips & Wife Recall the First Time They Met
- Justin Bieber Predicts Floyd Mayweather Won’t Knock Out Connor McGregor
- Ne-Yo Delights with Surprise Karaoke Performance