British fashion and costume designer Julien Macdonald has been asked to design looks for Beyonce’s upcoming Mrs. Carter Show world tour, reports Harper’s Bazaar UK. The singer is a rabid fan of the designer, wearing him most recently at her New Year’s Eve performance in Las Vegas and most memorably wearing his vibrant yellow fringed modified leotard for a 2011 Good Morning America performance.
Looking back at Macdonald’s fall/winter 2013 collection, shown at London Fashion Week, it is easy to see how many of his runway designs will be easily adapted to the stage to fit Beyonce’s style. The designer’s aesthetic is already right in line with Beyonce’s ice-skater-meets-Tina-Turner look on her I Am…World Tour. The duo share a love for glitter, sparkles, feathers and fringe that should be fully explored for this round of tour costumes.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Willie Nelson Teams Up with Harry Connick Jr. on Holiday Track ‘When I’m Home’
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Jim & Kim’s 12 Days Of Christmas Toys: Barbie Digital Makeover Mirror
- Kanye Rails Against the GRAMMYs Over His Lack of Nominations, Again
- New Jersey’s ‘Men In Kilts’: For ALL Of Your Handyman Needs!
- Classic Songs That Gained New Life In 2013