Style Files: Beyonce Taps Julien Macdonald To Design Tour Costumes
British fashion and costume designer Julien Macdonald has been asked to design looks for Beyonce’s upcoming Mrs. Carter Show world tour, reports Harper’s Bazaar UK. The singer is a rabid fan of the designer, wearing him most recently at her New Year’s Eve performance in Las Vegas and most memorably wearing his vibrant yellow fringed modified leotard for a 2011 Good Morning America performance.
Looking back at Macdonald’s fall/winter 2013 collection, shown at London Fashion Week, it is easy to see how many of his runway designs will be easily adapted to the stage to fit Beyonce’s style. The designer’s aesthetic is already right in line with Beyonce’s ice-skater-meets-Tina-Turner look on her I Am…World Tour. The duo share a love for glitter, sparkles, feathers and fringe that should be fully explored for this round of tour costumes.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream Stevie Nicks’ New Album ’24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault’
- Enter To Win BIOTA Botanical Products
- Prepare Your iCloud: U2’s Next Album is Already 70 Percent Complete
- Taylor Swift Covers Vogue UK, Talks Dating: ‘I Don’t Think They Want What Comes with It’
- Ben Affleck Should Never, Ever Sing ‘Let It Go’ Again: Watch And Hear Why
- Single Again: The Verve Pipe – ‘The Freshmen’