Madonna Builds a Fire Under Boy Scout Anti-Gay Policy
No stranger to outrageous costumes, Madonna donned a new ensemble Saturday night – an over-sized Boy Scout uniform, badges and all.
However, the outfit was not her latest tour garb, but an ironic gesture toward her stance on the organization’s policy against gays.
In a speech at the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) Media Awards, the singer called out the Boy Scouts of America for their discriminatory practices, saying, “I think they should change their stupid rules.”
She started by teasing that she wanted to become a Boy Scout, but had been turned down despite having all of the qualifications.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo