Phoenix Adds 71 Bonus Tracks To Deluxe Version Of ‘Bankrupt!’
Artists adding extra songs onto deluxe editions of full-length albums is nothing new, but French band Phoenix have taken the practice to an extreme on Bankrupt!, their forthcoming new album set for release on April 23.
According to a tweet from the band, fans who opt for the expanded version of Bankrupt! will be rewarded with a whopping 71 (yes, you read that correctly) bonus tracks on top of the ten new songs that make up the album. Although those extra tracks clock it at over an hour (the actual album is a taut 41 minutes), most of them are song fragments that last less than a minute.
Phoenix, who are one of the headliners for this year’s Coachella music festival, were recently revealed as the Saturday Night Live musical guest on April 6 with Melissa McCarthy as the host. It will be the band’s second time performing on the late-night TV institution.
The first single from Bankrupt!, “Entertainment,” recently got the K-pop treatment in a grandiose new music video. Watch below.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Fresh Artist Of the Day: Win $500 + Front Row Seats at Fresh Fall Fest
- Maroon 5, Gwen Stefani Duet on New Song ‘My Heart is Open': Listen
- Watch Ed Sheeran Spoof the Musical ‘Annie’ Dressed As Little Orphan Annie
- Duran Duran Headlining Unveiling of the New Mazda Miata
- ‘CMT Crossroads’ Snags John Legend, Lee Ann Womack for Next Episode
- Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Get Married In France