Phoenix Adds 71 Bonus Tracks To Deluxe Version Of ‘Bankrupt!’
Artists adding extra songs onto deluxe editions of full-length albums is nothing new, but French band Phoenix have taken the practice to an extreme on Bankrupt!, their forthcoming new album set for release on April 23.
According to a tweet from the band, fans who opt for the expanded version of Bankrupt! will be rewarded with a whopping 71 (yes, you read that correctly) bonus tracks on top of the ten new songs that make up the album. Although those extra tracks clock it at over an hour (the actual album is a taut 41 minutes), most of them are song fragments that last less than a minute.
Phoenix, who are one of the headliners for this year’s Coachella music festival, were recently revealed as the Saturday Night Live musical guest on April 6 with Melissa McCarthy as the host. It will be the band’s second time performing on the late-night TV institution.
The first single from Bankrupt!, “Entertainment,” recently got the K-pop treatment in a grandiose new music video. Watch below.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo