Artists adding extra songs onto deluxe editions of full-length albums is nothing new, but French band Phoenix have taken the practice to an extreme on Bankrupt!, their forthcoming new album set for release on April 23.
According to a tweet from the band, fans who opt for the expanded version of Bankrupt! will be rewarded with a whopping 71 (yes, you read that correctly) bonus tracks on top of the ten new songs that make up the album. Although those extra tracks clock it at over an hour (the actual album is a taut 41 minutes), most of them are song fragments that last less than a minute.
Phoenix, who are one of the headliners for this year’s Coachella music festival, were recently revealed as the Saturday Night Live musical guest on April 6 with Melissa McCarthy as the host. It will be the band’s second time performing on the late-night TV institution.
The first single from Bankrupt!, “Entertainment,” recently got the K-pop treatment in a grandiose new music video. Watch below.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Teyana Taylor’s Cat Face Explained
- Britney Spears Talks ‘Glory,’ Her VMA Performance and Vegas
- Niykee Heaton Announces ‘Centerfold’ Tour
- Kanye West Wants ‘Unity’ & ‘Love’ with Taylor Swift
- Susan G. Komen Greater New York City Race for the Cure – Saturday, September 10, 2016
- Justin Bieber’s Instagram in Limbo