Phoenix Adds 71 Bonus Tracks To Deluxe Version Of ‘Bankrupt!’
Artists adding extra songs onto deluxe editions of full-length albums is nothing new, but French band Phoenix have taken the practice to an extreme on Bankrupt!, their forthcoming new album set for release on April 23.
According to a tweet from the band, fans who opt for the expanded version of Bankrupt! will be rewarded with a whopping 71 (yes, you read that correctly) bonus tracks on top of the ten new songs that make up the album. Although those extra tracks clock it at over an hour (the actual album is a taut 41 minutes), most of them are song fragments that last less than a minute.
Phoenix, who are one of the headliners for this year’s Coachella music festival, were recently revealed as the Saturday Night Live musical guest on April 6 with Melissa McCarthy as the host. It will be the band’s second time performing on the late-night TV institution.
The first single from Bankrupt!, “Entertainment,” recently got the K-pop treatment in a grandiose new music video. Watch below.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Paul McCartney Releases Alternate Video for Michael Jackson Duet ‘Say, Say, Say’
- Watch One Direction Perform on ‘The X Factor Australia’
- Will Lady Gaga Return for ‘American Horror Story’ Season Six?
- Instagram Turns 5, Who Makes The Top 10?
- David Guetta Announces ‘Sun Goes Down’ Remix Competition
- YES! There Could Be An Incredibly Delicious Way To Stop Eating Too Much