Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong To Pen Songs For Yale Musical
No stranger to the theater, Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong will pen new songs for a Yale Repertory Theater production premiering next year. The new musical, These Paper Bullets, is a rock and roll update of Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing.
According to the New York Times, These Paper Bullets follows a fictional Liverpool band, the Quartos, as they spend seven nights in London trying to cut an album and, of course, find true love.
The rocker has already spent much time in theater production after heavy involvement in the Tony Award-winning 2010 stage adaptation of Green Day’s concept album American Idiot. The rocker also played the drug-dealing character St. Jimmy for a run of performances before being replaced by AFI singer Davey Havok.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Impact: Kelly Clarkson Returns to Pop on ‘Piece By Piece’
- People on Twitter Really Don’t Want to Hear House of Cards Spoilers
- Kelly Clarkson Says Her Husband Is the Only Person She’s Ever Truly Loved
- Kid Rock Is Being Attacked By Bees
- Missy Elliott, Pharrell Working on New Music
- 5 Songs That Leonard Nimoy Sang Like a Boss