Green Day’s Billie Joe Armstrong To Pen Songs For Yale Musical
No stranger to the theater, Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong will pen new songs for a Yale Repertory Theater production premiering next year. The new musical, These Paper Bullets, is a rock and roll update of Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing.
According to the New York Times, These Paper Bullets follows a fictional Liverpool band, the Quartos, as they spend seven nights in London trying to cut an album and, of course, find true love.
The rocker has already spent much time in theater production after heavy involvement in the Tony Award-winning 2010 stage adaptation of Green Day’s concept album American Idiot. The rocker also played the drug-dealing character St. Jimmy for a run of performances before being replaced by AFI singer Davey Havok.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Fresh Artist Of the Day: Win $500 + Front Row Seats at Fresh Fall Fest
- Maroon 5, Gwen Stefani Duet on New Song ‘My Heart is Open': Listen
- Watch Ed Sheeran Spoof the Musical ‘Annie’ Dressed As Little Orphan Annie
- Duran Duran Headlining Unveiling of the New Mazda Miata
- ‘CMT Crossroads’ Snags John Legend, Lee Ann Womack for Next Episode
- Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt Get Married In France