No stranger to the theater, Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong will pen new songs for a Yale Repertory Theater production premiering next year. The new musical, These Paper Bullets, is a rock and roll update of Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing.
According to the New York Times, These Paper Bullets follows a fictional Liverpool band, the Quartos, as they spend seven nights in London trying to cut an album and, of course, find true love.
The rocker has already spent much time in theater production after heavy involvement in the Tony Award-winning 2010 stage adaptation of Green Day’s concept album American Idiot. The rocker also played the drug-dealing character St. Jimmy for a run of performances before being replaced by AFI singer Davey Havok.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift was ‘Distressed’ and ‘Violated’ by Alleged Groping
- Charlie Puth ‘Extremely Sick,’ Cancels ‘Don’t Talk’ Tour
- Miley Cyrus Hits Campaign Trail for Hillary Clinton
- Justin Bieber Walks Off Stage to Quiet Screaming UK Fans
- Drake Premieres 3 Tracks from New Project ‘More Life’
- Win Tickets To See Kings Of Leon At MSG