No stranger to the theater, Green Day frontman Billie Joe Armstrong will pen new songs for a Yale Repertory Theater production premiering next year. The new musical, These Paper Bullets, is a rock and roll update of Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing.
According to the New York Times, These Paper Bullets follows a fictional Liverpool band, the Quartos, as they spend seven nights in London trying to cut an album and, of course, find true love.
The rocker has already spent much time in theater production after heavy involvement in the Tony Award-winning 2010 stage adaptation of Green Day’s concept album American Idiot. The rocker also played the drug-dealing character St. Jimmy for a run of performances before being replaced by AFI singer Davey Havok.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Exclusive: Selena Gomez Denies Collaborating with The Weeknd on New Music
- Ariana Grande Posts Heartfelt Letter to Bombing Victims, Plans Benefit Concert
- Hanson’s Kids Star in Adorable ‘I Was Born’ Video
- #TeamTooMuch: You’ll Never Believe Mariah Carey’s Diva Demands On The Set Of Her New Film!
- ‘Despacito’ Beat Works on Every Pop Song. Here’s Proof.
- Actor Playing Michael Jackson in New Movie Responds to Criticism