As Depeche Mode nears the March 26th release of their thirteenth studio album, Delta Machine, the synth-pop pioneers have just surprised fans with a follow-up to first single “Heaven.” The new, uptempo song is titled “Sooth My Soul.”
Fans are calling the latest track from Delta Machine “Personal Jesus” part two. “Sooth My Soul” takes Depeche Mode fans back to the synth-pop band’s earlier days. Listen below.
Buzz on the new material has been strong, with chief songwriter Martin Gore stating that the new album looks back to the band’s glory days.
“It definitely has a lot of blues influences, I would say closer to what we were doing around the time of Songs of Faith & Devotion,” singer Dave Gahan recently told KROQ’s’ Kevin & Bean. “Martin’s come up with all these blues riffs.”
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Nicki Minaj, Zendaya Weigh in on Bill O’Reilly’s Controversial Maxine Waters Comments
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 5 Powerhouse Female Musicians Making Their Mark
- Katy Perry Pays Tribute to Fan Who Died in Car Accident
- #SoOldSchool: What’s An Old Word That You Think People Should Stop Using?
- Paris and Prince Jackson Get Complimentary Tattoos
- Pharrell’s Life Story is Getting the Musical Treatment