Rob Thomas confirmed the co-headlining tour that the Internet had been predicting when he visited the Hartford, Connecticut radio station 96.5 Tic. The frontman said that joint outings are always more fun, citing Matchbox’s 2001 summer tour with Train and their 2008 road trip with Alanis Morissette.
Other bands are also trying to feed off of ’90s nostalgia with format-specific outings including the Under The Sun Tour featuring Smash Mouth, Sugar Ray, Gin Blossoms, Vertical Horizon and Fastball, which is also happening this summer.
“When you think about a summer tour, you want to put together a package,” he said. “You are putting together that whole night of music from the minute people sit down. You want to have what is going to feel like a whole night that everybody is going to enjoy…It’s not going to be one band for one group of people, and one band for another.”
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Robin Thicke Talks ‘Unrated’ Video
- This Week In Late Night TV: Thirty Seconds to Mars, The National, Jake Bugg
- Blink-182 Plans Auction To Assist Oklahoma Tornado Survivors
- Barbra Streisand Set To Perform in Israel
- New Beyoncé Song ‘Grown Woman’ Explores Feminine Power
- ‘The X Factor’ Adds Two New Judges: Kelly Rowland And Paulina Rubio