Though M.I.A. and former fiancé Ben Bronfman split in early 2012, the aftershocks of the breakup are still being felt. Wednesday (March 13), the Sri Lankan singer/rapper posted a series of tweets calling out Bronfman, who is reportedly trying to gain full custody of their four-year-old son, Ikhyd Edgar Arular Bronfman.
The three tweets, which have since been deleted but are viewable via Spin, found M.I.A. livid over the possibility of Bronfman and his family getting custody of their son. “BEN,” she first tweeted, “you can take my son away from me “The mother” . Just because you have money doesnt mean you have the right.”
She went on to claim that despite wanting full custody of the child, the Bronfmans “never see” Ikhyd, and that “every child needs the MOTHER.”
Read more at Radio.com
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Carson and Cane’s Couple’s Court: The Family iPad is Not So Family Friendly
- Lady Gaga is Headlining the 2017 Super Bowl!
- It’s Official: Lady Gaga to Perform at Super Bowl Halftime
- One Direction Weigh in on Niall Horan’s Solo Debut
- Shawn Mendes is Definitely Up for a Niall Horan Collaboration
- Carson and Cane: ‘Pissy Pat’ Wants You To Know the Bread is Fresh