M.I.A.’s Tweets Reveal Messy Custody Battle
Though M.I.A. and former fiancé Ben Bronfman split in early 2012, the aftershocks of the breakup are still being felt. Wednesday (March 13), the Sri Lankan singer/rapper posted a series of tweets calling out Bronfman, who is reportedly trying to gain full custody of their four-year-old son, Ikhyd Edgar Arular Bronfman.
The three tweets, which have since been deleted but are viewable via Spin, found M.I.A. livid over the possibility of Bronfman and his family getting custody of their son. “BEN,” she first tweeted, “you can take my son away from me “The mother” . Just because you have money doesnt mean you have the right.”
She went on to claim that despite wanting full custody of the child, the Bronfmans “never see” Ikhyd, and that “every child needs the MOTHER.”
Read more at Radio.com
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- What Is Mariah Carey Working on with Justin Bieber and French Montana?
- #OnTheList with Xtine: 4 Musicians You Will Instantly Fall In Love With After One Listen
- Win Passes To The World Premiere of “The Man From U.N.CL.E.”
- Be in Pharrell’s Next Music Video, We’ll Tell You How
- Smokey Robinson to be Honored By Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
- Duran Duran’s Simon Le Bon Reveals the Glue That Kept ‘Paper Gods’ Together