Last night (March 13) on Late Night, Jimmy Fallon and this week’s musician-in-residence, Justin Timberlake, donned the monstrous white coifs and dad suits (but not ties) of Michael McDonald for a very adult-contemporary version of “Row, Row, Row Your Boat.”
Both Timberlake and Fallon, who have proven to be oddly-skilled mimics, pulled out on-the-nose impressions of the Doobie Brothers singer. But the performance was absolutely made when McDonald himself showed up.
McDonald is no stranger to self-deprecation, having appeared in a few episodes 30 Rock, so it wasn’t a total surprise when the crooner appeared as the third voice in a heavily harmonized white-funk version of the children’s song.
Read more on Radio.com
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Willie Nelson Teams Up with Harry Connick Jr. on Holiday Track ‘When I’m Home’
- GRAMMY Gourmet: Josh Homme On His Kinship With Anthony Bourdain
- Jim & Kim’s 12 Days Of Christmas Toys: Barbie Digital Makeover Mirror
- Kanye Rails Against the GRAMMYs Over His Lack of Nominations, Again
- New Jersey’s ‘Men In Kilts’: For ALL Of Your Handyman Needs!
- Classic Songs That Gained New Life In 2013