How To Enjoy SXSW Without Leaving Your House
With so much of the music industry descending on Austin, Texas, this week, the South By Southwest conference can feel like the center of the universe to die hard music fans.
From emerging bands looking for that big breakthrough to established superstars using the occasion to build new buzz (like Daft Punk, Prince and Justin Timberlake in 2013), SXSW has turned into music’s annual launching pad to influence the soundtrack for the rest of the year.
For those music fans bummed not to be among the fray hitting showcases along the Sixth Street corridor, SXSW 2013 is offering an array of live online streams broadcasting the action as it happens.
The more industry-minded can check in at the official SXSW site to watch a slew of panel discussions and performances, including this year’s keynote speech from Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters, which is scheduled for Thursday, March 14, at 11 a.m. CT.
Tonight (Wednesday, March 13), Spotify presents Kendrick Lamar, Youngblood Hawke and Cazette, with the live video stream starting at 7 p.m. CT.
The Warner Sound showcases will be live-streaming all of their evening shows this year, starting at 8 p.m. CT. Tonight’s (Wednesday, March 13) show will feature Paramore (12:10 a.m. CT), Tegan and Sara (11:05 p.m. CT) and twenty | one | pilots (10:10 p.m. CT). Thursday’s showcase will be headlined by the Flaming Lips (12:45 a.m. CT), with Atlas Genius performing earlier in the evening (9:10 p.m. CT). See a complete itinerary here.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ on Fourth Night of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch
- One Direction Sit Down With ‘Ellen’ To Talk Taylor Swift, Bad Disguises & Weddings