Style Files: Lady Gaga Splurges On 24-Karat Gold Wheelchair
Her golden chariot, which she is using after having hip surgery last month, was custommade by Ken Borochov, a New York based stylist who has worked with the likes of Kanye West, Cher Lloyd and Nicki Minaj.
Borochov managed to put the piece together in a week, telling MTV, “I certainly wasn’t expecting that phone call and have never done a wheelchair but am always up for a challenge and was thrilled to create what I affectionately dubbed the Chariot, a chair fit only for a queen.”
Not only the frame of Mother Monster’s new throne is 24-karat gold plated, but the wheels and hardware are too. The chair features a black leather seat that Borochov said was inspired by “classic motorcycle jackets.” And just incase Gaga needs to take a little nap, the seat reclines all the way back so she can lay down.
Read more on Radio.com
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ on Fourth Night of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch
- One Direction Sit Down With ‘Ellen’ To Talk Taylor Swift, Bad Disguises & Weddings