Style Files: Rihanna Partners With Givenchy Couture
The edgy pop star has teamed up with the Parisian fashion house, and its designer Riccardo Tisci, for her performance costumes on the Diamonds World Tour. Known for her multiple wardrobe changes during a show, the tour kick-off in Buffalo this past Friday night was no exception. Givenchy’s pieces are featured in the first act of the show. Tisci created a black floor-length ruffled silk cape for her opening look, paired with black & white leather thigh-high boots.
Tisci also designed an oversized printed parka, that reportedly takes inspiration from his men’s fall/winter 2013 line that features bullet motifs, embedded Swarovski crystal elements and embroidery. Under the parka Rihanna wore a leather bra with golden buckles atop a pair of black silk and satin mini-shorts.
Givenchy told Women’s Wear Daily that the costume is a symbol of “female empowerment and urban haute couture elegance.”
Get a taste of the Givenchy men’s fall/winter 2013 in the video below.
Rihanna’s Diamonds World Tour will continue through July, although the singer did cancel her Saturday night date in Boston due to illness.
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream Stevie Nicks’ New Album ’24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault’
- Enter To Win BIOTA Botanical Products
- Prepare Your iCloud: U2’s Next Album is Already 70 Percent Complete
- Taylor Swift Covers Vogue UK, Talks Dating: ‘I Don’t Think They Want What Comes with It’
- Ben Affleck Should Never, Ever Sing ‘Let It Go’ Again: Watch And Hear Why
- Single Again: The Verve Pipe – ‘The Freshmen’