Churchill Discuss Touring, Kimmel vs Morrissey & Perform Live In Studio
Churchill, an alternative band from Denver, consists of Tim Bruns on the acoustic guitar, Bethany Kelly as the lead singer, Mike Mortar on the manelin, Joe Richmond on the drums and Tyler Rima on the electric guitar.
After watching the music video for their single ‘Change‘ off their first EP that goes by the same name, P!nk had to have the band on tour with her.
Watch full interview here »
- Photos: Churchill In Studio @ Fresh
“We opened up for some friends of ours The Fray in Denver at Red Rocks. Actually those are probably our biggest shows. It’s like half of what we’re going to do at those P!nk shows so it’s a whole new other level,” said Joe Richmond.
This incredible opportunity will enable Churchill to perform for a much larger crowd than they are used to.
“We did the math and by the third show we will have played to more people than we would have played to combined,” said Tim Bruns.
Recently the band also made their network television debut on Jimmy Kimmel Live due to Morrissey‘s love of ducks.
“He [their publicist] off handedly was like well if Morrissey drops out of Kimmel you can do Kimmel on Tuesday,” said Bethany Kelly.”And then that Monday we got the phone call that we were going to do Jimmy Kimmel, because Morrissey was highly offended at Kimmel’s choice of guests for the evening, which was the cast of Duck Dynasty because they are animal killers.”
“Up until now we’ve produced and recorded everything just the five of us. We have a studio in Denver that we’re able to use for a while so this was a new experience for us but it was really good, because he is amazing at what he does. He has honed his skills and by doing some songs with him it just made us a better band. It just made us better in the studio, it made us better at figuring out parts together [and] better at arranging songs,”said Joe Richmond.
Watch Churchill Perform “Change” In The Fresh Studio
Keep Up With Churchill
-Maria Bonello, fresh 102.7/NYC
Read More Music News On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Listen to Michael Jackson’s Unreleased Song, ‘Slave to the Rhythm’
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Watch Kings of Leon Rate the Best Cheesesteaks of Philadelphia
- Interview: Hayley Williams on the Paramore Cruise, the Fall Out Boy Tour & Why She’ll (Probably) Never Go Solo