Interview: 3 Things You Need To Know About Emeli Sandé
You know she’s a huge deal — that Olympics opening ceremony headlining slot performance, the biggest selling artist in the UK for 2012, the songwriting credits for Rihanna and Alicia Keys. But what don’t you know about Emeli Sandé?
When she sat down with Radio.com, we discovered three things you must know to know Emeli Sandé.
1. She is the other Adele. No really. Her first name is Adele.
“I am Adele Emeli Sandé. And I’d met another Adele in my life until Adele came out,” Sandé laughs. “It was maybe, about four years ago. She’d just won the BRITs critic’s choice award. And I kept hearing her name. It was just before I released my first feature on a record and I thought, ‘I should probably pick a different name because I think she’s going to be quite big.’ And looking back now, I think it was a good idea. I feel very happy being Eméli and I feel I have my identity as an artist.”
Read more at Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Patents Lyrics, Including ‘This Sick Beat’
- Would Chris Pratt Make a Good Indiana Jones?
- Kenny G: I’m Partially Responsible for Starbucks’ Frappuccino, You’re Welcome
- “100 Hours Per Week, No Overtime” – Mariah Carey’s Ex-Nanny Speaks Out
- Ella Henderson on Taking Inspiration from Mermaids and Valentino in Style Files
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Added to List of 2015 GRAMMY Performers