Leto revealed to MTV that the band spent most of last year trying to relax after their never ending tour behind 2009’s This Is War that had them playing 300 shows and earning them a Guinness World Record for most shows performed during a single album cycle. But after releasing Artifact, Leto’s award-winning documentary about the making of their last album, and finally squashing the breakup rumors, which they managed to accidentally start themselves, Leto sat down and wrote nearly 70 songs for their new record.
The frontman called their upcoming release, their first new music in nearly four years, a “critical album” that shows the evolution of the band.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Officially Parents, But What’s Up With the Baby’s Name?
- Shawn Mendes Pokes Fun of Jimmy Fallon on ‘The Tonight Show’
- Adele on Quitting Smoking: ‘I’m Convinced That’s Made my Voice Weaker’
- Diddy Donates $1 Million to Howard University Scholarship Fund
- 5 Best Songs on Shawn Mendes’ ‘Illuminate’
- Justin Timberlake Revamps ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling!’ with James Corden, Gwen Stefani