Leto revealed to MTV that the band spent most of last year trying to relax after their never ending tour behind 2009’s This Is War that had them playing 300 shows and earning them a Guinness World Record for most shows performed during a single album cycle. But after releasing Artifact, Leto’s award-winning documentary about the making of their last album, and finally squashing the breakup rumors, which they managed to accidentally start themselves, Leto sat down and wrote nearly 70 songs for their new record.
The frontman called their upcoming release, their first new music in nearly four years, a “critical album” that shows the evolution of the band.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Calvin Harris’ ‘My Way’ Video Subtweets Taylor Swift
- Amy Schumer Says Her ‘My Formation’ Video was Never a Parody
- Carson and Cane’s Couple’s Court: ‘Going Cat Crazy’
- Niall Horan and James Corden Get Seductive for Halloween with ‘Candy’
- New Destiny’s Child Instagram Account Fuels Reunion Rumors
- Lady Gaga Could Front Led Zeppelin