Leto revealed to MTV that the band spent most of last year trying to relax after their never ending tour behind 2009’s This Is War that had them playing 300 shows and earning them a Guinness World Record for most shows performed during a single album cycle. But after releasing Artifact, Leto’s award-winning documentary about the making of their last album, and finally squashing the breakup rumors, which they managed to accidentally start themselves, Leto sat down and wrote nearly 70 songs for their new record.
The frontman called their upcoming release, their first new music in nearly four years, a “critical album” that shows the evolution of the band.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Aaron Carter Thinks He’ll End Up with a Woman
- Lorde Strips Down ‘Melodrama’ for Intimate Performance
- The Muppets Detail First-Ever Full-Length Live Shows
- Paramore’s Hayley Williams Plays John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ on a Casio
- Bonnie Tyler to Perform ‘Total Eclipse of the Heart’ During Solar Eclipse
- Rihanna Taps Calvin Harris for Third Annual Diamond Ball