Leto revealed to MTV that the band spent most of last year trying to relax after their never ending tour behind 2009’s This Is War that had them playing 300 shows and earning them a Guinness World Record for most shows performed during a single album cycle. But after releasing Artifact, Leto’s award-winning documentary about the making of their last album, and finally squashing the breakup rumors, which they managed to accidentally start themselves, Leto sat down and wrote nearly 70 songs for their new record.
The frontman called their upcoming release, their first new music in nearly four years, a “critical album” that shows the evolution of the band.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- GRAMMY Hall of Fame Inducts 27 New Recordings from Dolly Parton, The Rolling Stones, U2 and More
- DJ Earworm Releases “United State of Pop 2013″
- Watch Mary J. Blige Reveal Her ‘Favorite Things’ In New Video
- R. Kelly’s ‘Trapped in the Closet’ to Return with New Chapters in 2014
- Jay Z Goes Vegan for Health, Supporting His Friend’s Business
- One Direction Makes Chart History with ‘Midnight Memories’