Michael Bolton Honors Marvin Gaye By Taking On The ‘Mountain’
On Michael Bolton’s latest Motown-infused record, he attempts to recreate Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell’s chemistry on his own version of “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” with Kelly Rowland. But admitted to Radio.com it was no easy feat to reinvent their attraction.
“You really believe these two are madly in love,” he said, noting not only how great they looked standing side by side, but also the blend of their voices.
The legendary musical couple was reportedly never together in real life, something Bolton, as a fan, can’t help but question. “It’s funny just…watching the DVDs of their performances, I don’t know,” he said. “I tend to not believe at least half of what I read, but you could flip a coin, it could be true, it could not. The important thing as artists, the chemistry was undeniable.”
As, Bolton noted, there’s only one Marvin Gaye, but he thinks music fans shouldn’t disregard Tammi Terrell’s talent. With a bat of her long lashed doe eyes and a sway of her hips, she always seemed to have Gaye under her spell. But she was much more than a cute girl with a great voice.
Read more on Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ on Fourth Night of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch
- One Direction Sit Down With ‘Ellen’ To Talk Taylor Swift, Bad Disguises & Weddings