On Michael Bolton’s latest Motown-infused record, he attempts to recreate Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell’s chemistry on his own version of “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” with Kelly Rowland. But admitted to Radio.com it was no easy feat to reinvent their attraction.
“You really believe these two are madly in love,” he said, noting not only how great they looked standing side by side, but also the blend of their voices.
The legendary musical couple was reportedly never together in real life, something Bolton, as a fan, can’t help but question. “It’s funny just…watching the DVDs of their performances, I don’t know,” he said. “I tend to not believe at least half of what I read, but you could flip a coin, it could be true, it could not. The important thing as artists, the chemistry was undeniable.”
As, Bolton noted, there’s only one Marvin Gaye, but he thinks music fans shouldn’t disregard Tammi Terrell’s talent. With a bat of her long lashed doe eyes and a sway of her hips, she always seemed to have Gaye under her spell. But she was much more than a cute girl with a great voice.
Read more on Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- John Legend Has All His Luggage, Chill
- Bruno Mars’ ‘That’s What I Like’ Gets PartyNextDoor Remix
- Selena Gomez Celebrates World Kindness Day at LA High School
- Ed Sheeran’s ‘Shape Of You’ Soothes Crying Baby
- Ed Sheeran on Liberian Relief Trip: ‘Nothing Could Have Prepared Me for What I Saw’
- John Mayer Wrote ‘Still Feel Like Your Man’ About Katy Perry