“I drink to remember, I smoke to forget,” Jake Bugg sings on his new single “Two Fingers.” A brutally honest track, Bugg sings of a violent home life.
Directed by Jamie Thraves, the video takes place in Clifton, Nottingham, and vividly brings the song to life. In one scene Bugg’s mom is being pushed around by her boyfriend. When Bugg steps in to break it up, he’s told to leave. Suitcase in hand, he decides to light his clothes on fire once he makes it out of the house. Meanwhile, his mom remains inside and things escalate. After she slaps her boyfriend in the face, causing him to spit out all his red wine on the kitchen cabinets, and things get even more violent as her boyfriend chokes her. The slowed foot-stomping rhythms and Bugg’s eerie vocals only further capture the story of abuse.
Read more at Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Ringo Starr Announces Fall Tour Dates
- Questlove Blasts Bill O’Reilly for ‘Revisionist’ Slavery Comment
- Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato Reunite to Perform ‘This Is Me’
- This Week On FM Magazine: Spotlight On ISPA – Wellness, Anyone?
- Are Kanye West and Calvin Harris Collaborating?
- Nas and Erykah Badu Get Real on ‘This Bitter Land’