While in London to receive the NME Award for Best International Band, The Killers‘ drummer Ronnie Vannucci spilled the beans on the band’s next album.
“I hope there’s a new album soon,” Vannucci told U.K. paper The Daily Star. “We’ve been working on stuff.”
The news came unexpectedly as their fourth studio album, Battle Born, was released a mere six months ago.
“We were in the studio just the week before last,” Vannucci continued. “I want to put out a new record now but it’s about getting us all on same page.”
The Las Vegas foursome have been on the road promoting Battle Born since last October and writing music along the way, indicated Vannucci, who admitted to always keeping a guitar handy. But dealing with the repetitive nature of touring has taken its toll on the band.
“Playing the same songs over and over again is like having the same dinner every night,” he said. “So you want to start getting in the kitchen and experimenting a bit.”
The Killers will continue touring in support of Battle Born through July.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Lea Michele Announces Debut Album, Releases New Song ‘Cannonball’
- Behind the Song: Robin Thicke’s ‘Blurred Lines’
- Do Better Looks Mean Better Grades For High School Students?
- Watch: Britney Spears Plugs Her Own Fragrance in ‘Perfume’ Video
- Jim & Kim’s 12 Days Of Christmas Toys: Battroborg 3-in-1 Battle Arena
- Live: Rod Stewart Brings Vegas to Madison Square Garden