Pat Monahan isn’t only enjoying his birthday this week, he’s celebrating the release of Train’s latest video for “Mermaid.”
The singer, who turned 44 on February 28, told Radio.com that the band’s latest single off of 2012’s California 37 was inspired by his wife, Amber, who he calls his true love.
Monahan said “Mermaid” was about going to the Puget Sound and seeing that special someone. “She’s my mermaid,” he said. “She’s my beauty in the water.”
For the video though, Monahan opted for Hawaii’s tropical locale instead of the chilly Washington waters. Filmed around the NFL’s recent Pro Bowl game, the clip features one beautiful woman who may or may not be a real lady of the sea, along with Daniel Dae Kim from Hawaii Five-O and a few well-known football players like Adrian Peterson, Zane Beadles and John Moffitt.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Win Tickets To See The 1975 At MSG
- Win A $100 Party City Gift Card For The Ultimate Football Party
- The One Song Ed Sheeran Wishes He Kept For Himself
- Jackie Evancho on Inauguration Performance: ‘I’m Hoping that I Can Bring People Together’
- Ed Sheeran on Keeping ‘Shape of You’
- The Chainsmokers are Taking Their Moms to the GRAMMYs