Train’s Pat Monahan Celebrates His Birthday With A ‘Mermaid’
Pat Monahan isn’t only enjoying his birthday this week, he’s celebrating the release of Train’s latest video for “Mermaid.”
The singer, who turned 44 on February 28, told Radio.com that the band’s latest single off of 2012′s California 37 was inspired by his wife, Amber, who he calls his true love.
Monahan said “Mermaid” was about going to the Puget Sound and seeing that special someone. “She’s my mermaid,” he said. “She’s my beauty in the water.”
For the video though, Monahan opted for Hawaii’s tropical locale instead of the chilly Washington waters. Filmed around the NFL’s recent Pro Bowl game, the clip features one beautiful woman who may or may not be a real lady of the sea, along with Daniel Dae Kim from Hawaii Five-O and a few well-known football players like Adrian Peterson, Zane Beadles and John Moffitt.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Metallica Unleash ‘Enter Sandman’ on Fourth Night of ‘Late Late Show’ Residency: Watch
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch
- One Direction Sit Down With ‘Ellen’ To Talk Taylor Swift, Bad Disguises & Weddings