Perez Hilton announced the birth of his first son yesterday.
“I feel like I’ve always been a dad,” Hilton told told Carson Daly at AMP/Los Angeles Thursday morning. “I was born to be one and I know I always wanted to have a family of my own and I’m just naturally, privately, the nurturing and protecting type, so this comes as no surprise to my friends and family that I would do this.”
Hilton has yet to announce the baby’s name, but he did reveal his nickname for the infant.
“I’m calling him Sweet Pea from now on. I’m Big Pea and he’s Sweet Pea,” he said.
Though Hilton isn’t ready to tell all about his new son, he said he was touched by the outpouring of support.
“I’m actually really flattered that people care,” he said. “I thought some people would be interested, but I was really surprised by the reaction yesterday. I mean, I was the No. 1 trending topic on Twitter for several hours, or I was told.”
(Image Courtesy of PerezHilton.com)
The celebrity blogger did reveal that he’s planning to speak about his whole experience in the future.
“I’m trying to figure out the best way to talk about everything because I feel like it is an interesting and a good story that I want to share with everybody,” he said.
Fatherhood has been a transition for the fitness-focused Hilton but he’s enjoying his newest job title: Daddy.
“I thought there would be a lot more negativity. There was, and there was skepticism, but I thought there would be more of it and I’m surprised and so grateful and thankful that it was overwhelmingly positive. So, thank you to everybody.”
-Sarah Carroll, 97.1 AMP Radio/Los Angeles
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’