Travis Barker continues to reinforce he’s a drummer that just wants to give back.
Barker launched a new web tutorial series yesterday (February 26) titled , The Crash Course. In it, the blink-182 drummer shares his skills on the skins for fans and aspiring drummers. Inspired to play the drums by the Muppets‘ spastic Animal character, Barker takes a breath from his normally hyper-speed sets and slows it down for a behind-the-scenes look.
In the debut episode, titled “The Warm-Up,” Barker starts with tips on loosing the hands, wrists and arms with various stretches followed by a series of rudiments. Likely foreign-sounding to non-drummers, Barker performs an “eight on the hand,” “triplets with accents,” and his own paradiddle-like pattern.
Meanwhile, Bad Religion’s Brooks Wackerman is filling in on percussion duties while Barker’s blink-182 bandmates spend a month touring Australia. Despite his best efforts, Barker was unable to overcome his fear of flying; a condition he developed as the result of the 2008 plane crash that claimed four lives.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Coldplay’s Chris Martin Reveals His Fasting Routine and Selling ‘The President’s First Album’
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green
- Watch Kelsea Ballerini Perform ‘Should’ve Been Us’ with Tori Kelly
- Watch Ellie Goulding Sing a Country Version of ‘Love Me Like You Do’