Travis Barker continues to reinforce he’s a drummer that just wants to give back.
Barker launched a new web tutorial series yesterday (February 26) titled , The Crash Course. In it, the blink-182 drummer shares his skills on the skins for fans and aspiring drummers. Inspired to play the drums by the Muppets‘ spastic Animal character, Barker takes a breath from his normally hyper-speed sets and slows it down for a behind-the-scenes look.
In the debut episode, titled “The Warm-Up,” Barker starts with tips on loosing the hands, wrists and arms with various stretches followed by a series of rudiments. Likely foreign-sounding to non-drummers, Barker performs an “eight on the hand,” “triplets with accents,” and his own paradiddle-like pattern.
Meanwhile, Bad Religion’s Brooks Wackerman is filling in on percussion duties while Barker’s blink-182 bandmates spend a month touring Australia. Despite his best efforts, Barker was unable to overcome his fear of flying; a condition he developed as the result of the 2008 plane crash that claimed four lives.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Star-Studded Tribute Pushes Cancer Victim’s Song Toward Chart Debut
- Queens Of The Stone Push Boundaries, Debut ‘…Like Clockwork’ At L.A. Tour Launch
- Muse To Turn ‘World War-Z’ Movie Premiere Into Concert
- Charli XCX Goes Full-On Club Kid For ‘Take My Hand’ Video
- Jennifer Hudson Rumored To Join ‘American Idol’ As Judge
- Carrie Underwood Donates $1 Million To Red Cross To Aid Tornado Victims