Morrissey: ‘If More Men Were Homosexual, There Would Be No Wars’
Morrissey‘s own sexuality has been long debated, but a new interview finds him advocating for homosexuality as the solution to war, which he calls a “heterosexual hobby.”
“War, I thought, was the most negative aspect of male heterosexuality,” the ex-Smiths singer told Rookie. “If more men were homosexual, there would be no wars, because homosexual men would never kill other men, whereas heterosexual men love killing other men. They even get medals for it. Women don’t go to war to kill other women. Wars and armies and nuclear weapons are essentially heterosexual hobbies.”
Of course, this is far from the first time Morrissey has spoken up about political matters. Most recently, the British singer has decried the U.K. monarchy and commented on the sovereignty of the Falkland Islands.
In his Rookie interview, the “Meat is Murder” singer went on to say that refusing to eat animals is “the most political gesture you can make.” Just this week, he cancelled his appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in protest of the stars of A&E reality show Duck Dynasty, who were also scheduled to appear on the February 26th episode.
“As far as my reputation is concerned, I can’t take the risk of being on a show alongside people who, in effect, amount to animal serial killers,” Morrissey said in a statement regarding the Kimmel cancellation.
Moz also asked that Los Angeles’ Staples Center go vegetarian for his March 1st performance, a request they are partially fulfilling.
-Scott T. Sterling, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Avicii: EDM’s Star Takes a Rock Approach to His New Album
- Justin Bieber’s new album is called…
- Watch Little Mix go to Prom in their ‘Love Me Like You’ Video
- Lady Gaga Covers ‘I Want Your Love,’ Strips Down for Tom Ford Fashion Promo
- #OnTheList with Xtine: Fresh Fall Fest Playlist Wishlist with Duran Duran, Adam Lambert + More
- Ellie Goulding Is Crazy Rich But She Lives Like A Broke Post Collegiate Millenial