Morrissey Fires Back At Jimmy Kimmel After Duck Dynasty Skit
After being mocked on last night’s (February 26) episode of Jimmy Kimmel Live! for canceling his scheduled appearance to protest the cast of Duck Dynasty being booked on the same show, singer Morrissey has fired back at the late-night talk show.
“I was disappointed with last night’s Jimmy Kimmel Show wherein our smiling host managed to ridicule depression (70% of Americans suffer from depression according to the National Institute of Mental Health),” Morrissey said in a statement.
“He then found time to ridicule healthy eating (the obesity epidemic in the U.S. costs $147 billion per year in medical expenditure), and he also ridiculed the notion that animals should be entitled to the possession of their own lives,” the statement continued. “Furthermore, he found time to jokingly promote gun-ownership – hugely amusing for the parents at Sandy Hook, no doubt. He also promoted his special guests Duck Dynasty – who kill beings for fun. None of the above issues are, of course, as important as Jimmy Kimmel himself, who has finally revealed his show to have an overwhelming loss of meaning. Tune in and relive the intellectual fog of the 1950s.”
In acknowledgement of Morrissey’s cancellation, Kimmel made an on-air statement where he wryly sided with the cast of Duck Dynasty in the dispute (“because they have guns”), adding that the singer “keeps finding ways to depress us.” The show also featured a comedic video with the Duck Dynasty cast pretending to hunt for vegetables.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Stream John Mellencamp’s New Album, ‘Plain Spoken’
- Bono: ‘No One Has Deleted More U2 Songs in the Last Five Years Than the Members of U2′
- Radio.com Presents the 2014 Eventful Fan’s Choice Awards
- Enter To Win: Ariana Grande at MSG
- Listen to Queen’s ’80s Collaboration with Michael Jackson, ‘There Must Be More to Life Than This’
- Iranians Who Made Tehran ‘Happy’ Video Sentenced to Six Months in Jail, 91 Lashings