fun. Cast Suitcase As Star In New Video
In a clever play on the lyric, “Why am I the one/always packing up my stuff” the group feature a vintage suitcase, humanized in a character with well placed silver hardware and duct tape, forgotten at the airport in Seattle. To cement the viewer’s empathy with the mistreated suitcase, it’s left on the street and splashed with mud by the band as they drive by in a black Town Car.
The song, a story of a never-ending break-up in which singer Nate Ruess questions why he’s constantly the person being forced away and coming back for more, portrays the kind of exhausted-but-committed and domesticated love few rom-coms are made of.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Taylor Swift Will Not Sing About Exes, Air Dirty Laundry on ‘1989’
- Listen to a Preview of Ariana Grande’s ‘Too Close’
- 7 Videos That Led Director Mark Romanek to Taylor Swift
- Stream a Preview of Ariana Grande’s New Album ‘My Everything’
- Q&A: Joel Madden of Madden Brothers and the New Revolution of ‘We Are Done’
- Sam Smith: Tinder is ‘Ruining Romance’