fun. Cast Suitcase As Star In New Video
In a clever play on the lyric, “Why am I the one/always packing up my stuff” the group feature a vintage suitcase, humanized in a character with well placed silver hardware and duct tape, forgotten at the airport in Seattle. To cement the viewer’s empathy with the mistreated suitcase, it’s left on the street and splashed with mud by the band as they drive by in a black Town Car.
The song, a story of a never-ending break-up in which singer Nate Ruess questions why he’s constantly the person being forced away and coming back for more, portrays the kind of exhausted-but-committed and domesticated love few rom-coms are made of.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Barbra Streisand Duets with Jimmy Fallon, Critiques His Singing on ‘Tonight Show’
- Listen to Big K.R.I.T.’s Remix of Alt-J’s ‘Every Other Freckle’
- Interview: Demi Lovato Talks World Tour, Twitter, and Her Love of Sam Smith
- Lindsay Lohan Says She Wheeled Whitney Houston’s Corpse Into the Morgue
- Watch U2 Make ‘Songs of Innocence’ in Behind-the-Scenes Footage
- Miss America Wins By Performing ‘Cups’ Game to ‘Happy': Watch