Yeah Yeah Yeahs Return With Fiery New Song, ‘Sacrilege’
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs are back, returning to the airwaves with “Sacrilege,” their first new song since the release of the band’s Grammy-nominated 2009 full-length, It’s Blitz!.
“Sacrilege” was premiered on BBC’s Radio 1 today (February 25) during the Zane Lowe show. It’s the first song to be revealed from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs’ forthcoming full-length Mosquito, due for release on April 16.
“It was tough. There were dark times,” lead singer Karen O said to Pitchfork about recording the band’s fourth studio album. “So whenever we’d go into our studio space, we would just try and play music that was as uplifting and cheerful. The music is more of a prescription for what we were feeling. It was like a pep talk.”
Karen O, who’s half-Korean, recently told Triple J Radio in Australia that the success of PSY’s viral pop phenomenon brought her to tears.
“All my life I’ve been waiting for Korea to be on the [musical] radar. Rad stuff has been coming out of Japan for a while now, and I was waiting for Korea to get with the program,” she said during the interview (via Prefix). “And man, are they ever with the program now.
“There’s an offbeat Korean sense of humor, and that’s what people responded to,” the singer continued. “So it made me really happy and I did cry the first time I saw it, which is a really strange reaction to ‘Gangnam Style.'”
The Yeah Yeah Yeahs have a small handful of U.S. concert dates currently scheduled, including appearances at this year’s Coachella and Firefly music festivals.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Releases First Photo As Edward Snowden in Oliver Stone Film
- Cher & Piers Morgan Feud on Twitter Over Older Pop Stars Wearing Fishnets
- Vince Vaughn & the Cast of ‘Unfinished Business’ Deliver Funny and Free Stock Photos
- ‘Call Me Maybe’ Actually Made It Hard for Carly Rae Jepsen to Get Someone’s Number
- Bobbi Kristina’s Lawyer Denies Reports of Family Reality Show
- Flo Rida Debuts ‘Once in a Lifetime’ Video, Shot at MLK Day Parade: Watch