Trent Reznor Announces Nine Inch Nails Will Tour In 2013
Trent Reznor has announced he has assembled a new lineup for his industrial rock powerhouse, Nine Inch Nails. Moreover, the reinvented group will kick off a U.S. tour this summer followed by international dates in 2014. It’s been four years since fans last caught a glimpse of the band during their 2009 “Wave Goodbye” tour.
During an interview concerning his contributions to Black Ops II, Renzor hinted to Rolling Stone that Nine Inch Nails was working on new music. He commented, “Yeah, there will be new music. There are some things in the works.”
Reznor pointed to record producer and King Crimson frontman Adrian Belew as inspiration for the new tour:
“I was working with Adrian Belew on some musical ideas, which led to some discussion on performing, which led to some beard-scratching, which (many steps later) led to the decision to re-think the idea of what Nine Inch Nails could be, and the idea of playing a show. Calls were made to some friends, lots of new ideas were discussed, and a show was booked – which led to another, which somehow led to a lot of shows.”
According to Reznor, the new lineup will include Belew along with Jane’s Addiction’s Eric Avery, Telefon Tel Aviv’s Justin Eustis and former Nine Inch Nails’ keyboardist Alessandro Cortini and drummer Ilan Rubin.
Meanwhile, Reznor will continue promoting Welcome To Oblivion, the debut album from How To Destroy Angels, a band he shares with wife Mariqueen Maandig and producers Rob Sheridan and Atticus Ross. The band will make several appearances in April including two shows at Coachella. Street date for the album is March 5, available on Columbia Records.
Read More On 923NOW.com:
- Taylor Swift Says She Was ‘Never Taught the Definition of Feminism’ as a Little Girl, Wishes She Had Been
- This Taylor Swift/Beyoncé Mashup Will Change Your Life
- The Rolling Stones Releasing New Photo Book With Sticker Shock-Inducing Price Tag
- Elton John to LGBT Communities Regarding HIV/AIDS: ‘Wise Up’
- Taylor Swift on Why ‘1989’ Song ‘How You Get the Girl’ Could Result in a Restraining Order: Watch
- Taylor Swift Making Demon Cat Sounds with Her Mouth is Glorious: Watch