Barbra Streisand Honors Marvin Hamlisch On Oscars
Barbra Streisand graced the Oscar stage for the first time in 36 years to honor her late friend, Marvin Hamlisch.
She thanked the songwriter, who passed award last year, for his “extraordinary depth and versatility,” calling him “a generous friend who always made me laugh.”
Streisand added, “I’ll always have those wonderful, wonderful memories,” before launching into the Hamlisch-penned song “Memories” from the 1973 movie, The Way We Were.
The singer took center stage at the awards show earning a standing ovation after her sweet tribute.
Barbra last performed on the awards show in 1977 when she sang “Evergreen” from A Star Is Born, which won the Best Original Song statue later that same night.
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards Reportedly End Engagement
- Zayn Malik Breaks Off Engagement to Perrie Edwards
- Gavin Rossdale May Have Cheated on Gwen Stefani With The Nanny
- Former Real Housewife of Beverly Hills Arrested for Shoplifting Allegedly Living In Her Car
- Lana Del Rey will Release ‘High By The Beach’ Single Next Week
- Taylor Swift Helps Australian Senior Citizens to ‘Shake It Off’