Danny Aiello Never Wanted To Work With Madonna
Danny Aiello has certainly left his mark on the big screen with roles in Once Upon a Time in America, Ruby, The Godfather: Part II, Hudson Hawk, The Purple Rose of Cairo, Moonstruck, Two Days in the Valley, Dinner Rush and Do the Right Thing.
Aiello is also remembered for his part in Madonna‘s music video for “Papa Don’t Preach,” released in 1986. Aiello played the role of Madge’s father, something he never wanted to do.
“My daughter talked me into that, I didn’t want to do it because, ya know, I don’t do videos,” says Aiello, whose daughter was a huge fan. He didn’t accept the $450 for the shoot in exchange for his daughter to be allowed on set to take pictures.
Aiello’s opinion on Madonna hasn’t changed much since they met in 1986, not to say he isn’t brutally honest about what he thinks about the Material Girl.
“She hasn’t changed much, except I think she was a better singer when she was sorta brand new.”
Despite the criticism, Aiello still remembers her fondly.
“She was very nice to me, I suppose it was a father/daughter relationship.”
Contact the Jim & Kim Show:
- Email Producer Craig at: firstname.lastname@example.org >
- Give Jim Douglas Golf Tips at: email@example.com >
- Wake Up Kim Berk at 3am at: firstname.lastname@example.org >
- ‘Like’ Jim & Kim On Facebook >
- Bios: Get To Know Jim & Kim†and Craig Too >
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Billboard Hot 100 Sets Record for Gridlock as ‘Happy’ Retains Top Spot
- 10 Women Who Should Headline Coachella In 2015
- Jay Z Is Bringing His Made in America Festival to the West Coast, While Still Keeping It In Philly
- Watch Taylor Swift Surprise a Fan at Her Bridal Shower
- Watch: Pharrell Cries As People Dance To “Happy”