Adele Gets Sweet Revenge At BRIT Awards
Adele got another chance to speak at this year’s BRIT Awards, but this time around she made sure no one could cut her off.
At the 2011 awards show, the singer took home Best Album for 21, but unfortunately her acceptance speech was cut short to keep the show from running over, something the show’s chairman admitted was a bad decision.
This time Adele, who is currently in L.A. rehearsing for this Sunday’s Oscars, won Best Single for her song “Skyfall” and gave her speech via satellite explaining she wouldn’t make it long. “I don’t want to interrupt the Best Album speech at the end of the night,” she noted to applause.
In her 18-second speech the “Rolling In The Deep” singer thanked her fans and let them know that she was looking forward to coming back to England.
“I’m not living here by the way,” she told the crowd. “Just incase you don’t think I’m coming home, alright.”
Adele will perform her Oscar-nominated Bond theme “Skyfall” for the first time this Sunday at the 85th Academy Awards.
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Avicii: EDM’s Star Takes a Rock Approach to His New Album
- Justin Bieber’s new album is called…
- Watch Little Mix go to Prom in their ‘Love Me Like You’ Video
- Lady Gaga Covers ‘I Want Your Love,’ Strips Down for Tom Ford Fashion Promo
- #OnTheList with Xtine: Fresh Fall Fest Playlist Wishlist with Duran Duran, Adam Lambert + More
- Ellie Goulding Is Crazy Rich But She Lives Like A Broke Post Collegiate Millenial