Brit Awards Admit They ‘Wronged’ Adele Last Year
Adele’s home country is apologizing for the way they treated her at last year’s Brit Awards.
The singer took home Best Album at the 2011 awards show for her album, 21, but her acceptance speech was cut short to keep the show from running over its allotted time. Adele was none too happy about the slight and even flashed the middle finger to the cameras.
Now the show’s chairman, David Joseph, is speaking out, hoping to make amends for their error.
“How can you take an artist who has made the biggest cultural impact musically this country has seen globally for some time and cut her off in the middle of her speech?” he told The Guardian. “I very much to this day question what was happening in that control booth.”
Joseph even hinted that the show plans to do something at this year’s awards, which airs February 20, to right their wrong.
Unfortunately, Adele probably won’t be in attendance since she’s in L.A. gearing up for this Sunday’s Academy Awards where she will be performing her Oscar-nominated Bond theme “Skyfall” for the very first time ever.
See if Adele can continue her winning streak at the Oscars this Sunday, February 24.
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- U2 Worried Their Tour Was Already Over When The Edge Fell Off the Stage
- Lady Gaga Is a Blonde Again: See Her New Look
- Jon Bon Jovi Wrote a Song for Rutgers Grads: Watch
- Bill Murray Will Wish You a ‘Very Murray Christmas’ This December
- Adam Lambert Teases Two More Songs Off New Album ‘The Original High': Listen
- ‘Game of Thrones': The Musical? Coldplay Make It a Reality For a Good Cause