Fifty Shades of Grey was so last year.
Only two months into 2013 and readers are already clamoring for something to scratch their erotic fiction itch and all signs are pointing to L. Marie Adeline’s new novel, S∙E∙C∙R∙E∙T.
The book promises “No judgments. No limits. No shame” and just reading the back cover could get you all hot and bothered.
Set in New Orleans, the book focuses on widower Cassie Robichaud who discovers a notebook left behind by a mysterious woman. Inside the book includes explicit confessions that fascinate Cassie and soon lead her to an underground society where women realize their wildest fantasies.
Like Fifty Shades’ scribe E L James, Adeline tried to keep her identity a secret but recently revealed she’s really Canadian writer Lisa Gabriele. Adeline also created a playlist to coincide with her book, but unlike James, she isn’t interested in the classical works of Chopin. Her song list includes artists like Frank Ocean and Bruno Mars.
Some have written that this take on erotica packs in a little more female empowerment. This female protagonist is in charge of her own lurid fantasy that soon enough becomes her reality.
Will you be picking up a copy of the S∙E∙C∙R∙E∙T.?
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- John Legend Has All His Luggage, Chill
- Bruno Mars’ ‘That’s What I Like’ Gets PartyNextDoor Remix
- Selena Gomez Celebrates World Kindness Day at LA High School
- Ed Sheeran’s ‘Shape Of You’ Soothes Crying Baby
- Ed Sheeran on Liberian Relief Trip: ‘Nothing Could Have Prepared Me for What I Saw’
- John Mayer Wrote ‘Still Feel Like Your Man’ About Katy Perry