Is ‘S.E.C.R.E.T.’ The New ‘Fifty Shades’?
Fifty Shades of Grey was so last year.
Only two months into 2013 and readers are already clamoring for something to scratch their erotic fiction itch and all signs are pointing to L. Marie Adeline’s new novel, S∙E∙C∙R∙E∙T.
The book promises “No judgments. No limits. No shame” and just reading the back cover could get you all hot and bothered.
Set in New Orleans, the book focuses on widower Cassie Robichaud who discovers a notebook left behind by a mysterious woman. Inside the book includes explicit confessions that fascinate Cassie and soon lead her to an underground society where women realize their wildest fantasies.
Like Fifty Shades’ scribe E L James, Adeline tried to keep her identity a secret but recently revealed she’s really Canadian writer Lisa Gabriele. Adeline also created a playlist to coincide with her book, but unlike James, she isn’t interested in the classical works of Chopin. Her song list includes artists like Frank Ocean and Bruno Mars.
Some have written that this take on erotica packs in a little more female empowerment. This female protagonist is in charge of her own lurid fantasy that soon enough becomes her reality.
Will you be picking up a copy of the S∙E∙C∙R∙E∙T.?
- Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Bono, Liam Neeson Have Been Screenwriting a Film Together
- Chrissie Hynde on Too Much Sex Appeal in Pop: ‘Maybe They Should Just Be Making Porn Films’
- Metallica to Release Box Set of Recordings of Every 2014 Show
- Sharon Osbourne Says U2 Gave Away ‘Mediocre Music’ for Free Because ‘No One Wants to Buy It’
- Beyoncé & Jay Z Might Be Working on a Joint Album
- Interview: Mike Rutherford Looks Back on Genesis, Ahead to Mike + The Mechanics