Dido Says Baby Boy Is Her Toughest Critic
The “Thank You” singer told The Guardian in England that she was nearly finished with her album in 2010, but had to push back the release date when she found out she was pregnant.
She did admit that the title of her latest release, due out March 26, is pretty fitting, considering the fact that it’s been five years since the release of her last album, Safe Trip Home. “I do keep disappearing for a while between albums,” she said.
Dido kept working on the album while she was pregnant and says her little boy, Stanley, was very helpful when it came to finalizing the album’s tracklisting. She says he was a big fan of the title track.
“It was the one that Stanley would kick to the most while I was singing it,” she said.
But now that he’s a little more than a year old he’s become much harder to please.
“He’s quite harsh,” she said. “If he doesn’t like something he waves at it vigorously. He’s probably going to be a music journalist.”
Sadly, Dido says little Stan was not named after Eminem’s hit song of the same name, which samples Dido’s song “Thank You” off her 1999 debut, No Angel. But admits she doesn’t mind if people want to think that’s the case.
“It’s always been my favorite name,” she said. “[But] I don’t mind people thinking that anyway because it was such a great period in my life.”
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Chris Martin Walks Into a Bar, Plays Free Acoustic Show
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- Say Hello To Quasi Modo, the World’s Ugliest Dog