Justin Timberlake & Jay-Z Release Suited Up Video
The soulful track shows Justin where he’s most comfortable: onstage and in the studio behind the microphone.
The video for “Suit & Tie” is an excellent throwback to 1920s jazz and swing music. Not a major shift from his performance at this year’s GRAMMYs, Justin embodies the character of a Big Band leader from the way he conducts his band in the studio and onstage to his slicked back hairstyle. Shot in black and white, it’s easy to picture Justin putting on a Brat Pack era, old Vegas show complete with a choreographed tie routine and backup dancers.
Directed by David Fincher, this isn’t the duo’s first collaboration. Fincher first directed JT in The Social Network. Known for his films including Fight Club, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Seven, Fincher is no stranger to producing music videos. While he’s had his focus on films over the past few years, this is his first music video in eight years, the last being Nine Inch Nails’ “Only” back in 2005.
Jay-Z also makes an appearance in the video and onstage during JT’s performance video. While rumors are buzzing at an upcoming tour between the two, “Suit & Tie” is an enticing example of just what could happen if the two toured together.
Justin’s forthcoming album The 20/20 Experience will drop March 19. Complete track list for The 20/20 Experience below.
“Pusher Love Girl”
“Suit & Tie”
“Don’t Hold the Wall”
“Let the Groove Get In”
“Blue Ocean Floor”
-Annie Reuter, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Metallica Plan Reissues of ‘Ride the Lightning,’ ‘Master of Puppets’
- Imagine Dragons Welcome LeBron James Back to Cleveland with ‘I Bet My Life': Watch
- Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams to Face Marvin Gaye’s Family in Court Over Alleged ‘Blurred Lines’ Ripoff
- Phil Collins Calls Adele ‘A Slippery Little Fish’ After Supposed Album Snub