Hear The Strokes’ Rocking New Song, “All The Time”
After confusing some fans with the synth-heavy “One Way Trigger,” the Strokes have revealed another new song, “All The Time,” that finds the New York band returning to their guitar-heavy, garage-rock roots.
Riding a bottom-heavy groove loaded with the band’s signature six-string melodies and singer Julian Casablancas’ inimitable vocals, the new song is firmly in the tradition of the Strokes’ storied debut full-length, Is This It and the underrated follow-up, Room on Fire.
“All the Time” will serve as the first official single from Comedown Machine, the highly anticipated Strokes new album due to hit retailers on March 26. The tune was briefly leaked by a Seattle radio station in January of this year, but was quickly pulled from rotation. Soon after, the band released “One Way Trigger” as a free download on their official website.
The new song will be available for download on February 19.
The Strokes have no live dates set for 2013 yet. The last time the band has graced a stage was at the Planeta Terra Festival in Sao Paulo, Brazil, back in November of 2011. That was the same year they co-headlined the third and final night of the Coachella music festival alongside Kanye West.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Style Files: Selena Gomez Launches ‘Rock Chic’ Adidas NEO Summer Collection
- Major Lazer Teams Up with Pharrell and an ‘Aerosol Can’
- Prince, Warner Bros. Announce Partnership, ‘Purple Rain’ Reissue
- Austin Mahone Drops ‘Till I Find You,’ New Album Track Listing
- One Direction Morph Into Each Other For ‘You & I’ Video
- Raves Are For Kids: NYC Clubs Cater to the 12-and-Under Set