“Middle school was what programmed me to be semi-insecure, like, all of the time. I didn’t fit in….I’d stand on the outside of the circle but I was never really in,” Taylor confessed. “That’s when I started to realize there’s this thing called rejection.”
While she addresses the outcome of many of her relationships in her music Taylor said she isn’t a screamer.
“I don’t think I’ve ever yelled at an ex-boyfriend. Ever. I’m not a yeller. I’m not a fit thrower. If something is done, it’s done.”
Instead of yelling, she often lets her exes know how she feels in her music, but not out of spite.
“To me it’s just writing songs the way I always have. It’s me sitting on my bed feeling pain I didn’t understand, writing a song, and understanding it better. If people want to dissect the lyrics, that’s their right, but it’s all coming from the exact same place as where I started. It’s just something I do to feel better.”
Taylor graces the ELLE cover in a printed dress from Louis Vuitton, white gold necklace with onyx and diamonds from Van Cleef & Arpels, and a diamond bracelet from Harry Winston.
For the complete interview and photos with Taylor Swift pick up a copy of ELLE Magazine, out February 19.
-Annie Reuter, Radio.com
(Photo credit: Carter Smith / ELLE)
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Nicki Minaj Receives Key to Queens, NY
- Beyoncé and JAY-Z Take Twins Home: Report
- Andy Grammer’s Positivity Comes from ‘One of the Happiest People on Earth’
- Andy Grammer’s Positivity Comes From “One of the happiest people on Earth”
- Lorde Breaks the Mold, Thanks Fans for ‘Melodrama’ Success
- Mac Miller Pens Sweet Birthday Message to Ariana Grande