“Middle school was what programmed me to be semi-insecure, like, all of the time. I didn’t fit in….I’d stand on the outside of the circle but I was never really in,” Taylor confessed. “That’s when I started to realize there’s this thing called rejection.”
While she addresses the outcome of many of her relationships in her music Taylor said she isn’t a screamer.
“I don’t think I’ve ever yelled at an ex-boyfriend. Ever. I’m not a yeller. I’m not a fit thrower. If something is done, it’s done.”
Instead of yelling, she often lets her exes know how she feels in her music, but not out of spite.
“To me it’s just writing songs the way I always have. It’s me sitting on my bed feeling pain I didn’t understand, writing a song, and understanding it better. If people want to dissect the lyrics, that’s their right, but it’s all coming from the exact same place as where I started. It’s just something I do to feel better.”
Taylor graces the ELLE cover in a printed dress from Louis Vuitton, white gold necklace with onyx and diamonds from Van Cleef & Arpels, and a diamond bracelet from Harry Winston.
For the complete interview and photos with Taylor Swift pick up a copy of ELLE Magazine, out February 19.
-Annie Reuter, Radio.com
(Photo credit: Carter Smith / ELLE)
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Linkin Park Fans Create Message of Support Ahead of Chester Bennington Tribute
- Michelle Williams Gets Candid on Battle with Depression, Suicidal Thoughts
- Kelly Clarkson Debuts New Track ‘Meaning of Life’
- Katy Perry Got Stuck On a Floating Prop at Her Nashville Show: Watch
- Charlie Puth Can’t Stop Dancing in ‘How Long’ Music Video
- Taylor Swift Teases New Single ‘Gorgeous’