Ryan Tedder may be best known as the frontman of OneRepublic but he’s also the mastermind behind many other hit songs heard on the radio. The songwriter and producer has worked with everyone from Adele and J.Lo to Colbie Caillat and Gavin DeGraw so it’s no surprise he hears the music he’s created everywhere he goes.
During an interview with 96.5 TIC/Hartford Tedder shared the most surprising place he has heard his music.
“I walked into the bathroom stall, doing what people do in the bathroom stall. A guy sits down next to me, and there’s music playing,” Ryan recalled. “One of our songs comes on and he starts whistling along and humming. I’m thinking, ‘This is really interesting. Who’s going to flush first?’ That’s all I could think about.”
OneRepublic’s forthcoming album Native will drop on March 26 and there’s a tour in the works. While details haven’t been released yet, Tedder said he wouldn’t say no to a tour with Justin Timberlake.
“I hit my manager, [asking] what if we got an offer from Justin Timberlake?” he said. “It’s within the realm of possibility.”
Tedder has nothing but respect for Timberlake, especially his ability to stay versatile.
“The Social Network was a breakout role [for him]. He’s one of those dudes that once he decides he’s going to do something, he will figure out a way to crack it until it just happens,” Tedder said. “Certain people can manifest things and he somehow manages to do it.”
-Cory Andersen, 96.5 TIC/ Hartford
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Ed Sheeran Spends Time with Terminally Ill 6-Year-Old Fan
- Drake World’s Most Popular Artist, Has Award to Prove It
- #DumbB*tchBaseball: Jeffrey Learns About The Yankees & Red Sox Rivalry
- Kelly Clarkson Turns 35 with Harry Potter-Themed Birthday Celebration
- Watch Adam Levine Honor Christina Grimmie with ‘Hey Jude’ Performance
- Who Would Be The Best Phone Sex Operator? Karen Or Jeffrey?