One Year Later: Mariah Carey, Jordin Sparks Pay Tribute To Whitney
Mariah, who worked with Whitney on the song “When You Believe” from the animated The Prince Of Egypt, expressed her sadness on Twitter.
It’s 2/11..remembering my friend the incredible Whitney Houston. It’s been a year & still so hard to believe. Her legend lives on eternally🌟
— Mariah Carey (@MariahCarey) February 11, 2013
Last year, Mariah said her song “Triumphant (Get ‘Em)” was inspired by Whitney and helped her move on when she thought it would be nearly impossible.
Jordin, who played Whitney’s daughter in the singer’s final film, Sparkle, tweeted a photo of a rosary with the engraving “2-11-12” made in honor of the diva.
“I think of you often & at times, can feel you encouraging me,” she wrote.
I can’t believe it’s been a year. I think of you often & at times, can feel you encouraging me. We miss you. RIP Mam… say.ly/vbO59Go
— Jordin Sparks (@JordinSparks) February 11, 2013
Jordin also celebrated Whitney in the video for “Celebrate,” which was featured on the soundtrack to Sparkle and one of the last songs the singer ever recorded.
Whitney was honored at Clive Davis’ pre-GRAMMY party over the weekend with Davis simply calling his friend, who passed away only hours before last year’s event, “the greatest contemporary singer of our lifetime.”
Recently, Whitney was honored with four wax statues at Madame Tussauds. Each one captures a different moment in the singer’s career including her role in 1992’s The Bodyguard and her performance of “One Moment In Time” at the 1988 Summer Olympics.
- Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Nick Jonas Can’t Help Getting ‘Jealous’ Over Real Life Girlfriend, Olivia Culpo in New Video: Watch
- Patti LaBelle Allegedly Ordered Bodyguard to Beat Cadet, Who Now Says He Suffered Brain Damage in Incident
- Neil Diamond Shares ‘Nothing but Heartache,’ the First Song from Upcoming ‘Melody Road’ Album
- One Direction’s Harry Styles Very Much Enjoys Kacey Musgraves’ Music
- It’s Lady Gaga, Tony Bennett & a Flute Solo on ‘Nature Boy': Listen
- Watch Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers Jam with Steve Winwood