GRAMMY Love: Performances That Mattered To Karen!
The 2013 GRAMMYs turned out to be VERY entertaining last night… while the show can sometimes drag and have you going to bed early; last night the performances and pace was perfect!
Take Justin Timberlake. I was SO NOT expecting his big band retro look and sound. He BLEW it out the door with his new look and sound. I walked away impressed. And I like his Buble-esque hair! Seriously I’m not the biggest JT fan, but I didn’t want this performance to end!
He can bring it with anyone on stage (just look him up performing on Jimmy Fallon) and he sounded great with Jay-Z.
Bruno Mars… the man is so talented it’s not even describable. He even sounded better than Sting last night and I LOVE The Police! Sorry, Sting! Bruno and Sting sang to Bruno’s hit “Locked Out Of Heaven” and then Sting sang the reggae style Police hit “Walking On the Moon,” all leading up to a tribute to Bob Marley in which Rihanna and the Marley Brothers joined Sting and Bruno onstage to sing a Marley medley!
Miguel… if you didn’t know who he was before, you do now. He won a GRAMMY for his song “Adorn” and sounded EXACTLY like he does on the album… he walked away with a new fan base! Including Kelly Clarkson! She even asked if they could sing together in her acceptance speech for BEST POP VOCAL ALBUM.
YEAH to Alicia Keys starting off her collaboration with Maroon 5 banging the drums and she looked amazing….and props to whoever thought Alicia’s “Girl On Fire” would sound good in a mash up with Maroon 5’s “Daylight.”
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Matt Nathanson Partners with Starkey Hearing Foundation to Raise Awareness for the Hearing Impaired
- #InThatOrder: Ranking Maroon 5 Albums From Worst To Best
- Ariana Grande Started Questioning Catholicism After Brother Came Out as Gay
- One Direction Announce 2015 Stadium Tour
- Iggy Azalea Takes on the Haters with ‘Iggy SZN': Listen
- Katy Perry Canceled 30th Birthday Celebration in Egypt Due to ‘Safety Concerns’