Skrillex, nominated for three GRAMMYs; Best Dance Recording, Best Dance Electronica Album and Best Remixed Recording, will join fellow GRAMMY nominees, Diplo,and Kaskade, as well as friends Nero and Tommy Trash for an all-star bash this Friday night at an undisclosed venue in Los Angeles.
20 sets of four tickets for the event, titled Dance (RED) Save Lives, are up for auction via CharityBuzz.com, with proceeds going toward the global fight against AIDS. Auctions are set to close approximately every ten minutes beginning at 12 p.m. PST Friday.
While last year’s three-time GRAMMY winner, Skrillex, is up for another three awards this Sunday, Diplo hopes to cinch his first GRAMMY for Non-Classical Producer. After more than a decade in the electronic dance music scene, Kaskade is also a first-time nominee. The Chicago-based house music DJ faces stiff competition in the Best Dance/Electronica Album category with Steve Aoki, The Chemical Brothers, Deadma5 and Skrillex.
Watch the 55th GRAMMY Awards live this Sunday at 8 p.m. on CBS.
– Jay Tilles, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Star-Studded Tribute Pushes Cancer Victim’s Song Toward Chart Debut
- Queens Of The Stone Push Boundaries, Debut ‘…Like Clockwork’ At L.A. Tour Launch
- Muse To Turn ‘World War-Z’ Movie Premiere Into Concert
- Charli XCX Goes Full-On Club Kid For ‘Take My Hand’ Video
- Jennifer Hudson Rumored To Join ‘American Idol’ As Judge
- Carrie Underwood Donates $1 Million To Red Cross To Aid Tornado Victims