“I didn’t expect it this year,” Ed Sheeran said of his GRAMMY nomination for Song of the Year. “I was a little bit surprised to begin with and then elated.”
Sheeran first found out about his GRAMMY nomination while on the road in Boston and was shocked at the recognition.
“I expect to be very awkward at that ceremony. All the award ceremonies I’ve been at in England I know most of the people there so I fit in,” Sheeran said in an interview with MIX 104.1/Boston. “I don’t know anyone here.”
That means this will be Sheeran’s first chance to make an impression on an entire auditorium full of the top names in music — and he’s finally spiffing up for the occasion. Sheeran found himself on GQ‘s Worst-Dressed Man List of 2012, just in front of a politician and cross-dressing cage fighter. The hoodies and jeans wearing singer promises to step it up for the GRAMMYs though. In fact, expect to spot Sheeran in a tux on music’s biggest night.
“I’ve got to be smart sometimes!” he said.
Nominated for Song of the Year for “The A Team,” Sheeran faces some tough competition. Miguel, Carly Rae Jepsen, Kelly Clarkson and fun. are also in the running. Though he’s only up for one award, Sheeran is convinced he won’t be taking home the GRAMMY.
“I really like the fun. song and I think [it] will probably win,” he confessed.
Will fun. or Ed Sheeran win the GRAMMY for Song of the Year? Tune in this Sunday, February 10 on CBS to find out.
-Annie Reuter, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Officially Parents, But What’s Up With the Baby’s Name?
- Shawn Mendes Pokes Fun of Jimmy Fallon on ‘The Tonight Show’
- Adele on Quitting Smoking: ‘I’m Convinced That’s Made my Voice Weaker’
- Diddy Donates $1 Million to Howard University Scholarship Fund
- 5 Best Songs on Shawn Mendes’ ‘Illuminate’
- Justin Timberlake Revamps ‘Can’t Stop the Feeling!’ with James Corden, Gwen Stefani