Who Are Taylor Swift’s Favorites Among This Year’s GRAMMY Nominees?
As she explained during an interview with Chuck Edwards and Linda Lee of Detroit’s WYCD yesterday, she’s “nervous,” stoked,” and “excited”–“all of it bundled up in one”–about GRAMMY weekend. And the fact that she’s not just appearing on the show, or even performing, but that she’s opening the show this year.
“Opening up the GRAMMYs, I’m very aware of what a big deal this is,” she says. “I’ve never opened the GRAMMYs before. So who knows what that’ll be like. Any time you get to experience something for the first time in your career, it’s really exciting.”
But it’s not just the ceremony itself that’s on her mind. “I’m excited about all of it,” she says of the weekend’s worth of events. “They have parties the night before, you get to see all these performances.” And then, she says, the day of the show (Sunday Feb. 10), “you get to see your favorite artists. I’ll get to see the Civil Wars, with whom I’m nominated with, twice.”
Taylor and the Civil Wars are nominated for Best Country Duo/Group Performance for the song “Safe and Sound” from The Hunger Games, as well as Best Song Written for Visual Media for “Safe and Sound” (along with and producer/songwriter T-Bone Burnett ).
Speaking of this year’s GRAMMY nominees, does she have any personal favorites?
And among the artists performing live during the GRAMMYs, whom she is most looking forward to seeing?
“My friend Ed Sheeran,” she says. “He’s got something crazy up his sleeve for his performance, so I’m really excited.”
Watch the 55th GRAMMY Awards this Sunday, Feb. 10 at 8pm ET on CBS.
– Kurt Wolff, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 5 Facts We Learned About Kodaline’s New Album ‘Coming Up for Air’
- Hunter Hayes Performs Emotional Cover of Sam Smith’s ‘I’m Not the Only One': Watch
- Giorgio Moroder Announces First Album in 30 Years, Debuts Sia-Featuring Single: Listen
- Pitbull’s Next Album Is Called ‘Dale’ & Everything Is Right with the World
- Win a Trip to See Mumford & Sons in NYC: Play Pingo
- Wanna Be Fall Out Boy’s Assistant for a Day? Their ‘Uma Thurman’ Video May (or May Not) Deter You