Paramore Hopes fun. Sweep The GRAMMYs
“I haven’t been this excited about the GRAMMYs in a long time,” enthused Taylor York, the band’s guitarist. “fun. are some of our best friends and label mates, so we’re always rooting for them in every way. We really hope that they take all of them,” regarding the band’s multiple nods. “Six nominations, that’s like Beyoncé status,” commented singer Hayley Williams.
“I’m excited about Frank Ocean,” York said. “I’m stoked that he got nominated.”
“M83 was nominated, which was awesome,” Williams offered. “That’s good for our producer, JMJ. He’s going,” referring to Justin Meldal-Johnsen, who produced Paramore’s forthcoming self-titled album as well as M83’s Hurry Up, We’re Dreaming, which is nominated for best Alternative Rock Album this year.
“It’s been an exciting year for music in general,” the singer added. “I think all genres have had their revamping. We’ve obviously not been out there doing it, we’ve been back home recording, working quietly. But it’ll be exciting to get back out there while are these artists are just blowing it up. A lot of them are our friends, so it’s even more exciting.”
Paramore have lined up a very busy 2013, with the band’s fourth studio album set for release on April 9. They’ve also announced a run of U.S. tour dates for the spring, kicking off April 25 in Houston, Texas.
Think Paramore got it right with their picks to win? Fill out your own GRAMMY ballot for the Award Show Challenge. Tune in to the GRAMMYs on CBS, February 10 at 8PM EST/PST.
-Scott T. Sterling, CBS Local
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Nicki Minaj, One Direction, Charli XCX Coming to ‘SNL’
- Metallica Continue ‘Late Late Show’ Residency with ‘For Whom the Bell Tolls’: Listen
- Sia Offers ‘Iko Iko’ Cover in Pledge on Husband’s Kickstarter Campaign
- The Script’s Video for ‘No Good in Goodbye’ is an Intergalactic Experience: Watch
- Lana Del Rey is Sexually Assaulted in Unearthed NSFW Marilyn Manson Video
- Radiohead’s Jonny Greenwood Says Band is ‘Looking Down Avenues’ for Next Album