Miguel Bumped Up From The Nosebleed Seats To GRAMMY Performer
“I suppose anxiety might be the word,” he told Radio.com. “I don’t want anything to go wrong.”
It’s the singer’s first performance on the telecast and he wants to impress. “I have something really special planned for that moment,” Miguel said. “I can’t wait to do it. I can’t wait for the day in general.”
In addition, the “Adorn” singer is nominated for five awards, including Song Of The Year.
As a kid he watched the GRAMMYs wishing one day he would get a chance to attend and in 2011, Miguel was nominated for co-writing R&B singer Jaheim’s song “Finding My Way Back.” But, it wasn’t exactly what he had imagined.
“I’ll never forget getting there and getting in my seat and the seat being way up in the nosebleed section,” he said laughing.
With his performance this year, Miguel hopes he can introduce himself to a new audience who may have never heard his name, let alone his latest album Kaleidoscope Dream.
“I think more than anything it will give me kind of a chance to show people how involved I am in the industry and the creative process,” he said.
As for what he’ll be wearing on the red carpet, Miguel hinted that it won’t be your standard black tuxedo.
“I think I know what I’m going to throw on,” he said. “I’m definitely not afraid to do something bold.”
Catch this performance and many more on the GRAMMYs, airing Sunday, February 10 on CBS.
– Shannon Carlin, Radio.com
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- Beyonce Celebrates Her Birthday With A ‘Crazy In Love’ Remix
- Snoop Dogg Slams ‘Deflategate’ Decision, Wants Player’s Marijuana Suspension Vacated
- Beyonce’s B-Day and the U.N. Campaign to Combat Climate Change + Inequality
- Harry Styles Loves Grammar, Fixes Fan Sign During One Direction Show
- Miguel Teams up with Make Room Organization to Sing for Single Mom in Private Concert
- Happy Birthday, Queen Bey!