Inside The Album Of The Year: fun. ‘Some Nights’
“No pun intended.” It’s a line you often hear when talking about fun. Truth is, the band’s name (which, as you might already know, is spelled with a lowercase “f” and a period at the end of the word – even when it doesn’t end a sentence) fits, and the eclectic trio was, in fact, one of music’s most fun success stories in 2012. Pun intended this time.
Watch our Inside The Album Of The Year video below to see the story behind the band who was nominated not just for Album Of The Year, but five other categories including Song Of The Year, Record Of The Year and Best New Artist.
We spoke with experts, including Leah Greenblatt of Entertainment Weekly, Anthony DeCurtis of Rolling Stone, James Montgomery of MTV News, Radio.com‘s Jillian Mapes, author Alan Light (The Holy or the Broken: Leonard Cohen, Jeff Buckley, and the Unlikely Ascent of “Hallelujah”), Jermaine Hall from Vibe, and Casey McCabe from AMP Radio who all weighed in on the group’s road to the GRAMMYs.
How many wins will fun. rack up? To find out, tune in to the GRAMMYs on CBS February 10 at 8PM EST/PST.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- 13 Funniest Tweets on the Disastrous #AskELJames Twitter Q&A
- Rihanna’s Bad Girl BET Awards Moment Was Completely Staged, Obviously
- ‘I Am Chris Farley’ Documentary Trailer Might Make You Tear Up: Watch
- Tom Cruise Could Be Flying Drones in ‘Top Gun’ Sequel
- Jon Stewart Reaching Out to Conservative Foes for Final Show
- John Mayer and Andy Cohen Captured the Weekend with One Selfie