Inside The Album Of The Year: fun. ‘Some Nights’
“No pun intended.” It’s a line you often hear when talking about fun. Truth is, the band’s name (which, as you might already know, is spelled with a lowercase “f” and a period at the end of the word – even when it doesn’t end a sentence) fits, and the eclectic trio was, in fact, one of music’s most fun success stories in 2012. Pun intended this time.
Watch our Inside The Album Of The Year video below to see the story behind the band who was nominated not just for Album Of The Year, but five other categories including Song Of The Year, Record Of The Year and Best New Artist.
We spoke with experts, including Leah Greenblatt of Entertainment Weekly, Anthony DeCurtis of Rolling Stone, James Montgomery of MTV News, Radio.com‘s Jillian Mapes, author Alan Light (The Holy or the Broken: Leonard Cohen, Jeff Buckley, and the Unlikely Ascent of “Hallelujah”), Jermaine Hall from Vibe, and Casey McCabe from AMP Radio who all weighed in on the group’s road to the GRAMMYs.
How many wins will fun. rack up? To find out, tune in to the GRAMMYs on CBS February 10 at 8PM EST/PST.
Read More On Fresh1027.com:
- New Album from Janet Jackson is Coming Soon
- Posthumous Album of Robin Gibb’s Final Recordings Coming in September
- Lorde to Curate ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1′ Soundtrack
- Katy Perry Gets Down with Her Summer Self in ‘This is How We Do’ Video: Watch
- Andy Grammer Champions Honesty on New Album ‘Magazines or Novels’
- Jenny Lewis Gets Her Own Wine In Honor of ‘The Voyager’